Saturday, January 26, 2019

Mackenzie Bezos and Lauren Kondo

Why am I so curious about the Bezos divorce? I find it so fascinating, I am almost giddy when I read about it. Am I basking in a little bit of schadenfreude, enjoying someone else's misfortune? I thought I'd be angry, pissed off the Jess Bezos ran off with someone with my first name and my age whose had way more plastic surgery than I've had. (Lauren McGuire = 0 botox injections, facelifts, liposcution, etc., Lauren Sanchez = a lot).

I was walking Fox today when I realized I am jealous of Mackenzie Bezos. Of course I fell bad for her that her marriage of 25 years or whatever is falling apart because of her roving spouse. But I am jealous because she gets to divorce Jeff Bezos for $70 billion. Heck, I'd divorce him for $7 billion, except for that precedent would hurt other divorcing women in the State of Washington who are entitled to half of all martial assets.

Plus, Mackenzie looks sweet. She looks like someone I'd walk around Green Lake and have coffee with. I wish her all the best as she creates her new life.

(And isn't this rich (no pun intended)--an article from the summer of 2018 on how Jeff Bezos keeps his marriage strong that was published about the time he started his affair.)

I haven't been following Marie Kondo too much with her Netflix show on decluttering, I but I did figure out how I got rid of a ton of stuff from my house: I brought the extra plates and silverware and mugs and rugs and whatever cluttering up my house and brought it to my condo. Could I market this idea and call it Lauren Condo?

No comments: