Thursday, April 17, 2014

April -- The Month of Contrasts

I've been offline for a few days.  We went skiing in Whistler for the first part of Spring Break.  Here are two scenes from my yard yesterday:




And today it rained almost all day.  We took the kids to the Pacific Science Center to see the new Spy exhibit.  (Very cool.)   Jack made a nice steak dinner with mushrooms, asparagus, mashed potatoes and spinach salad.  As we were finishing dinner, I looked up and saw this out the window.  I screamed when I saw the big flash of color.  We all rushed outside to get a look.  "This is payback for all of the rain this spring," Jack said.  My daughter grabbed her phone and mine and was taking pictures with two phones at the same time.




While we were looking at the rainbows, Fox made it to the dining room table and grabbed the last bit of my steak.  I am not sure how our little Houdini did it.  The chairs were pushed in, but obviously not enough.  He didn't touch the mushrooms or asparagus or potatoes.  Just the steak.  The Boy witnessed Fox's crime.  I offered him (Fox, not the Boy) the last sip of my wine to wash it down, but he refused.

No comments: