Sunday, February 15, 2015

Puppy Love

The Boy and I were running errands today when we came across a man walking a golden retriever puppy.  The dog was about three months old.  The Boy stopped to pet Tucker, and he (the Boy) almost couldn't leave.

"His fur is so soft," said the Boy, as snuggled in closer.  The dog seemed to like him, too.

Puppy love.

"Time to go," I said.  I imagined this man wanted to get on with his day, not spend half of it in front of Office Depot while a boy played with his dog.

I am so glad we have Fox.  I can't imagine the Boy without a dog.  My friend Helen said that dogs are great because not only do they love their families, but it gives kids a chance to give love to another being.

As much as we all like Fox, sometimes I wish we had a bigger dog so the Boy could have a snuggle buddy.  Oh well.  When the Boy grows up, he can get a bigger dog.  In the meantime, we will take what we have.


No comments: