Sunday, September 12, 2021

Brunch = Two meal day, & the Sugar Hangover

I love brunch. It is my favorite meal of the week and I wish I had it every day. In the summer, my kids ate brunch a lot as they slept in til eleven on days they didn't work. I went to brunch yesterday with a friend around 10:30 Saturday morning. What is so awesome about it?

First, I love big breakfast foods. I love eggs and bacon and hash browns and toast all on one plate. 

Second, it is twofer: two meals for the price of one. When I eat brunch, I only have two meals in the day: brunch and dinner. Yesterday was a weird day, though. I had brunch, but then for an afternoon snack I had Cupcake Royale's awesome red velvet ice cream where they take red velvet cake and mix it in vanilla ice cream. (It is not as perfect as blueberry pie at Salt and Straw, but still good.) I hung out of a friend Saturday night and we drank gin and tonics while she made cookies while I watched and then we played "Go Fish." I ate one raw cookie and two cooked ones.

If I really looked at my diet yesterday, I ate a total of three meals one of them was dessert. As I write this, I feel like a preschooler writing about my dream meal plan. 

Today, though, I am super tired. I only had one G&T, so I don't think that is causing my sleepiness. Maybe the sugar is trying to kill me with a sugar hangover.

No comments: