Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Sweat & $1,000 Legos

I worked out Sunday night for the first time since my surgery. It was an easy-peasy 20 minutes on the recumbent bike at the gym. It was the first time I've sweat since my surgery. Tonight, I did thirty minutes on the elliptical to prove that Sunday was not a fluke. I survived! I was sweaty and I survived! My can feel the muscles in my quads starting to reform. I'll probably need to hit the weight room soon. I've been frustrated with my slow recovery, but it is better than overdoing it and regretting it later.

I am looking for a gift for Pedro for his birthday. He still loves Legos, and Lego continues to expands its marketing to wealthy adults. I am beginning to think Legos might be out of my price range. There was a $630 Lego set of the Eiffel Tower, and a $679 set of the Titanic. I texted Pedro a link and said "WTF?!?!" 

His reply: I wonder when there'll be a $1000 Lego set.

I bet soon enough. But what would it be? What would be the Holy Grail, the most coveted set ever that people would drop $1K. It could be weird and obscure, that super fans of something would any amount to get it, like women in their twenties are dropping whole paychecks (more or less) to see Taylor Swift in concert. Or would it be something practical, like a side table for your living room? A planter? A bird bath? Would it be something iconic, like the Eiffel Tower, but I can't think of anything more iconic. They've already done the Taj Mahal. A mountain, like Mt. Fuji, or Mt. Rainier? 

Mt. Everest?

I went to BrickCon one year and a woman made the Tiger's Nest Monastery in Bhutan out of Lego. It was super cool.

I bet the geniuses as Lego are working on ideas for the $1000 Lego set as I type.



No comments: