Sunday, May 17, 2020

Current State

I had a dream about Expedia.

Expedia just built a beautiful new building along the waterfront in Seattle. I would see it as I would ride my bike along Elliott Bay, taking the detour as the main path was closed during construction. I am not sure if the new campus even opened before COVID.

Will it even open after the stay-at-home order is over? Who is booking travel? At least Expedia doesn't have the overhead of airlines, but man, there is one casualty of corona that I hadn't thought about before.

Speaking of the neighborhood, some of the shops downtown have gotten creative with their boarded up buildings. I saw an Associated Press photographer taking a pictures of some of the plywood art. I had to stop walking because he was shooting. I could have been a jerk and kept going, but then

  1. He might have kept me in the picture. I wasn't wearing a mask at the time and I didn't want to get shamed all over the internet.
  2. There was no one else on the sidewalk for blocks so I couldn't claim I didn't see him.







 Someone at my condo decided to get creative, too. Here is a design I saw this morning in the courtyard.



In other news, Dr. Fauci has more books than shelves. A man after my own heart!



His stack probably does not include The DaVinci Code and a bunch of therapy books, but hey! Fauci is busy literally trying to save the world whereas I am working from home, avoiding people and trying to escape reality. I should do a better job of stacking my books.

Last weekend, I cleaned up the balcony. It is looks amazing, which is great except I can't have anyone over for coffee or wine or whatever.




Finally, here is a picture of Elliott Bay.

No comments: