Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Chairs

I have two chairs in my apartment that I need to get rid of. This summer, I bought new furniture, and now these chairs don't fit. I don't have room for them.

I am torn about getting rid of them. I get sad thinking about getting rid of them, but I also don't need or really like them. I like them and I also dislike them. 

My ex bought the chairs when we got the condo. The chairs are big and bulky and comfortable. They also have sharp edges, which is a really odd design feature for a chair. I've plopped down too fast and bruised the back of my leg.

These chairs are a reminder of my ex, more than anything specific thing that I own. During the separation, we met for dinner several times a week downtown for dinner. After dinner, we'd sit in the living room and stream a show or work on a jigsaw puzzle.

Maybe my angst is because I see these as his chairs, not mine, more by use than ownership. I rarely sat in them, except to put my shoes on, or use it as a place to drop my purse.

Time to let them go. Time to make more space in my life and heart for something new.





No comments: