Monday, February 11, 2019

Snow Day 2 and Work From Home

We had another wintery day here in the Pacific Northwest.

I am so done with this.

I worked from home again today. Here are a few random observations.
  • The snow is dominating our consciousness, for good and bad. 
  • I am glad I live in an era with weather forecasting. As much as Cliff Mass is having a hard time predicting this storm, can you imagine living in a time when we didn't know that arctic air was coming down the Fraser River Valley and would converge with the warm air off of the Pacific creating this weather system? I am impressed. Maybe more people will now study weather forecasting. That would make Cliff Mass happy.
  • There is a new, insidious form of ice that I've discovered. Trees are covered with snow, and yesterday the temperature got to be around 33 so some of this snow melted and dripped on the sidewalks. Then it immediately froze into evil little ice lumps. There is no god. Or if there it, he has a sick sense of humor. He. A woman god wouldn't do this. She'd make a world with typhoon-free Maui climate, which wouldn't make the Boy happy. He'd miss snow in the mountains.
  • The barista at the coffee shop around the corner from house keeps showing up for work. She drives in from Capitol Hill. I go in and buy something every morning to show my appreciation for her being there. I tip her 25%, and it seems insufficient.
  • I wonder what is going to happen to our local economy (as aside from my barista) as we are not spending any money.
  • I am realizing how much we eat dinner out now that someone has to cook dinner every night. :( This is a total drag. Last Monday when it snowed a wee bit and the Boy and I stayed at the condo, we went to dinner at the Virginia Inn. It looks old and stuffy, but the food was delicious. I had duck confit with lentils and the Boy has risotto with chanterelles. While most people were clearing out grcoery shelves last Thursday night before the Friday storm, the Boy and I went out for chinese food and ordered enough food for leftovers for a few days.
  • The good news is that we are not spending much. Snow makes money dieting easy.
  • I misplaced my make-up this morning and I wondered if Sephora at U Village would be open today. 
  • Yes, I wore make-up today when I worked from home.

No comments: