Sunday, May 23, 2021

Stuff I Got Done Today v Stuff I Did Not

As I am getting ready for bed, I started to think about all of the things I didn't get done this weekend. I didn't:

  • Email or text back the other moms from Pedro's school. They wrote to me Friday and I have been a slug. I love these moms and feel bad I have't connected with them.
  • I didn't do my Noom homework. I've done my diet homework diligently and faithfully since I've been in the program in March. Today I didn't get it done.
  • I didn't exercise today except for a quick walk through the Market. 
  • I have 23 ideas for blog posts that I haven't gotten around to writing yet.
Just as I was kicking myself for all of the stuff I didn't get done today, I decided I need to step back and congratulate myself for what I did get done.

I finished getting making the drapes and railing skirt for the landing so Pedro and Claire-Adele can have some privacy when they visit the condo this summer. My friend Erica came over yesterday and helped me pick out fabric and plan my sewing. She was sooo helpful and was such a great sanity check. She wanted to make it Insta worthy and worried that she was giving me bad advice. I just needed to get it done.

I love the fabric for the curtains, but given more time, I would have found a fabric I like better for the railing skirt. Time and the quarantine were not my friends as a several fabric shops have closed in Seattle. Those that are open have very limited hours. I could order fabric online, but that takes a lot of time to order samples and then wait for the fabric to arrive. I am becoming more used to the idea that nothing is permanent, that I can change my mind, and in a few weeks or months, I can get new fabric that matches "perfectly" to make the landing Insta worthy. (I'll give a plug to "The Fabric Stash" in Pike Place Market. I've been in there four times in past week. I am on a first name basis with the owners Gary and Deborah.)

But here we are. Pedro will be home in a few weeks. I needed this project done before I leave for Montana.

Today, I put everything together. And yes, I did a fabulous job on the curtains. Notice how the pattern is exactly level on both panels. Yes, I am impressed with myself.


Railing skirt. This is a term I just invented to describe this cloth thing.




No comments: