I've been doing a lot of adulting lately, and it kind of sucks. The only good thing about it is that all of my friends are going through this too, like these are rites of passage for the mid-fifties.
There are three main categories I am dealing with:
- Health
- Retirement
- Death
Health
All of the cool kids are getting their shingles vaccinations and colonoscopies, in addition to mammograms. I just got a personal trainer so I can remain strong as I age.
Retirement
While I believe I have done a fantastic job of saving money for retirement, I now need extra help getting all of my shit in order. Like, will I have enough cash on hand to retire? Will I have stacked Roth IRAs? What are my investment allocations? Yeah. I am glad I am paying someone else to figure this out.
Death
Yep, writing up my will. My divorce lawyer gave me a simple will, but I needed to make some changes and my new lawyer is asking me a thousand questions, not just "give me the names of your kids" and we are done.
All of this is like the Bermuda Triangle -- I need to get my health checkups so I can stay healthy, and I need my retirement accounts so I have money as I age, and then I need plan for when I kick it, but I don't want to kick it anytime soon, so I am exercising and getting all of my health check-ups. See the fun here?
The funny thing is that I don't feel old. I feel like I am still sixteen and entering a new phase, like getting my drivers license so I can go wherever I want. And everyone I know is tracking at least one of these categories.
No comments:
Post a Comment