Thursday, April 2, 2015

Fabric Addict

As you may know, I recently started quilting as a hobby.  I love visiting quilting blogs and hanging out in fabric stores.  (The Cloth Shop on Granville Island in Vancouver, B.C. is terrific.)

This week, I had a meeting down in SODO.  I needed some black thread to finish the binding on the Boy's quilt, so I stopped by Pacific Fabrics Outlet on 4th Ave.  My old volunteer gig brought me to SODO several times a month.  I have driven past this place countless times over the past several years, and I never stopped in.  It turns out it really isn't an outlet anymore -- just a very large store in an old industrial building.

Wow.  It is a good thing I didn't know about this place sooner.

The Boy made a pillowcase for himself out the the large fish patterned fabric above.  We bought the fabric at The Cloth Shop in Vancouver, B.C.  The sharks next to it are kind of cute, too.

If Claire Adele were younger, I'd make her a quilt out of these fabrics or the ones below.



I made the Boy's quilt out of jelly rolls of these fabrics.




My purchase: a rainbow charm pack.

No comments: