Friday, April 10, 2015

More Fabric

My friend Jane is aware of my budding fabric addiction, and she is starting to enable.  She recommended me to two Seattle fabric boutiques, Drygoods Design in Pioneer Square and District Fabric in Fremont.

This week, I had the chance to check out District Fabric.  It is like an art gallery of textiles.






I saw all of these lovely fabrics, and was slightly disheartened.  All of this was great, but what could I make?  There are only some many pillows and blankets one house can hold.  I gave my dad and aunt each a pillow I patched together.  I suppose I could make blankets for everyone I know, but colors, patterns and textures are a matter of taste.  What I find wonderful my mother-in-law might find unpalatable.  

I wandered around the store, liking too many things, but I couldn't think of a project.  Asked the woman who owns the place what people use her fabrics for.

"Clothes and home use.  Costume designers will come here and find things they like."  

She gave me an idea and I am taking a bold new step.  I am going to make a skirt.  Or try.  I bought fabric and a pattern.


Let's see what happens.

No comments: