Thursday, March 2, 2017

My New Trainer

My friend Carla read my blog about my needing a push to exercise. After she had read it, she sent me an email saying she would be my new trainer.

"I am your trainer asking if you did your exercises today," she asked.

"I did!" I replied. I had to after I wrote that blog post about it. Yesterday, I did my exercises while the Boy watched. He put down his phone to chat with me. I told him these were exercises to get me into shape for skiing, and he tried a few himself. Today, I ran and lifted weights, in case anyone was wondering.

I heard a story about who had a writing buddy who held her accountable for put words on paper. Every Friday, the first woman would send the second woman the updated chapters of her novel that she wrote that week. The second women always wrote back, "Good job! Keep up the good work!" The first completed a novel that was eventually published. It turns out the second woman skimmed the first woman's work, and thought she writing was weak, but she never said anything except "Good job! Keep up the good work!"

Now Carla is my workout accountability partner. Yay! Hopefully having someone to report to will keep me honest and inspired.

No comments: