Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Damn You, Netflix!

Yesterday, I had kind of a cold. Or allergies. Most likely allergies. Anyway, I was feeling low-grade crappy so I decided to check out an episode or two of Bridgerton.

Four hours later...

Oy. 

The show kinda sucks in the best and worst ways. It is a romance so pulls you into the question and needing to know if the lovebirds get together eventually. It is beautifully set and the characters are dreamy. It sucks in the worst way because there are all of these bullshit obstacles and the characters' weak inner conflicts that are put there by the writers to increase the drama and tension. Will the lovebirds chose love or duty? (Hint: this isn't "The Crown.") Good lord it is like watching a ping pong contest of good people making bad choices. And I was sucked in until midnight when I should have looking at my taxes.



No comments: