Sunday, April 24, 2022

Fox Dog and Return to Work

My dog Fox loves to sleep. He practically sleeps all day. He loves to be outside, but he hates to go outside. More specifically, he hates getting his leash on. When I get his leash, Fox hides under the dining room chairs so it is hard to grab him. 

But once the leash is on, Fox runs to the door, ready to go. He stands with his nose at the threshold so he doesn't miss the opening. When he gets outside, he doesn't want to come back home. I have to walk him in a loop route so he can't figure when we are turning around to go back home. If I do a "there-and-back" walk, he will balk, and refuse to head in the direction from where he came.

So it is with return to work after being remote for more than two years. Many people where I work don't want to go into the office. The trudge of getting out of bed and dressed and riding a bus to the city seems horrible. Making a plan to leave the house for a whole eight hours seems crazy.

But I am like Fox. I am slow to start, but once I am awake and ready and figured out what to wear, I can't wait to get out the door.


 

No comments: