Monday, April 18, 2022

Love and Distance

Yesterday, I ran a bunch of errands. Most of them were meh. I had to get compost bags and Kleenex because I was out of both. This was a tedious errand that I put off until I ran out of compost bags. I was in Northeast Seattle, so I went to the U Village Bartells to shop. I drudged to the store and bought my stuff. Interestingly, I was at U Village earlier this weekend to get my haircut, and that was not a drudge. I was happy to drive north.

I could have run my errand at the CVS on 4th and Lenora, but I had thought oh my god that is soooo far to walk. Oy. I can't do that. Yet, when I think of going to Top Pot donuts on 5th and Lenora, one block further, I have no problem with that. I am perfectly fine to walk that far. It is a joy to walk to walk to Top Pot.

Why?

I think there must be some correlation between love and distance. For things we love, distance isn't a hassle. 

No comments: