Sunday, February 26, 2023

Guts

I was reading somewhere sometime about the head, the heart and the gut in terms of how they function in our emotional and spiritual lives. The gut has nerves and feelings and whatnot that help it function as a sort of second brain, like how we feel things in our gut, or do a gut check. Sometimes we have to trust our gut more than our minds, as if our emotional memories are stored in our bellies and bowels.

So what happens to my ability to trust myself when my gut is being partially blocked by this unpleasant and unwelcome "benign" cyst on my ovary? When I get it removed, will I have some new clarity, new insights into my life, that were previously blocked?

Or, will I just be able to poop like a normal person, without the ball of blech sitting on my large intestine?

In either case, I'll take it. It will be better than what I have now. 

No comments: