Thursday, May 15, 2014

Middle Age

I was at the airport last night catching a 6:00 flight out of O'Hare.  This flight was full of people likely traveling for business.   Most of my recent travel has been for vacations and with the kids to tourist destinations, so other fails are usually along for the ride.  In my daily life, I am around other pages, whose ages are very close to mine, give or take five years.

Middle age.  I am forty five.  In the middle.  Twenty-five years younger = twenty years old.  Twenty-five years older = seventy.  I am in the middle of adulthood.  (I suppose 50 is the more magical milestone, but I digress.)

Sitting at the airport, I was a wide range of ages.  Since I am in the middle, I tried to guess who was older than me and who was younger.  It was really weird to see some guy who looked 43-ish and I thought "I am older than him?"  Then there were the dozens of people who I could not guess their age.  They could have been anywhere from 35 to 50.




No comments: