Thursday, November 12, 2015

Brie and Matthew Inman

The campaign is over, as you all know. During the campaign, I had the habit of not eating too much.  I was out and about most of the time, so I didn't have time to snack between meals.  My meals were generally small since I didn't want to be on stage and bloated with a full stomach. I avoided certain foods, like beans so I wouldn't get indigestion.

Now that the campaign is over, I ate a half a pound of brie cheese in a week. I ate with the brie fig paste which is sweet and Triscuits which are crunchy. More importantly, Triscuits ensure I am getting enough fiber. Our old babysitter Miriam used to tease Claire Adele about her love of cheddar cheese.

"If you eat nothing but cheese, you will never poop again," Miriam told Claire Adele one day. That sentence has become part of our family's lore, and hence the Triscuits.

Instead on bon bons, I am drowning my sorrows in cheese. I suppose I should also be getting a reasonable amount of exercise to balance out my new diet. I saw a hilarious video about Matthew Inman and why he runs. He runs because he is hungover, eats corn dogs for breakfast and loves birthday cake. I love this guy. He lives in Fremont. I might stalk him. Not really because that would be creepy. Okay maybe just a little tiny stalking. Nothing that would get me arrested or anything.

No comments: