Sunday, November 15, 2015

Grief

Part of losing an election is the grief and sadness that comes with it. Having gone through several grief including events in my life, I am discovering this one isn't much different than ones before.

  1. Some people don't know what to say, so they are avoiding me.
  2. Some people who I thought would be first in line to console me aren't there, while other people are popping out of the word work to show support.
  3. Other people simply say, "I am so sorry you lost. I voted for you." This is perfect.
  4. Some people are more upset than I am, and need me to console them. This is hard, but part of life when you are lucky enough to be surrounded by people who love you.
  5. Seventeen years ago, people sent cards in the mail. Now people send emails or texts.
  6. Some people are happy I lost. "You will save your sanity and your marriage by not serving not the SPS School Board!


No comments: