Sunday, September 4, 2016

Art of the Brick and Shoes

Yesterday, Jack, the Boy and I went to see the "Art of the Brick" exhibit by Nick Sawaya at the Pacific Science Center. The exhibit was more interesting was than I thought it would be. In addition to his own creations, Sawaya had reproductions of major artworks, like the Mona Lisa.


This piece has 75,00 pieces, one of the largest in Sawaya's collection.



The Boy had been dragged to numerous art exhibits and museums this summer. He had seen several of the pieces live and in person, which was then cool to see them recreated in Lego.

I spent all day on my feet, and in shoes I haven't worn since my accident. I wore my black Noat shoes, which are very comfortable but have a thick sole that is an inch high in places. And I survived. I have been out of surgery for six months, and I was glad that I could make it around. I had no doubt that I could after our vacation to France. Like our vacation to France, I was pooped at the end of the day and I was too tired to do my PT exercises at home. The Boy suggested we watch the X-Files, and I sank into the couch and couldn't get up.



T-Rex. I didn't notice how many bricks were in this one.

No comments: