Monday, July 27, 2020

Best. Shoes. Ever.

Fluevog had a sale. I am stimulating the economy.

These are the best shoes ever. And they look good on my feet and bring out the muscles in my calves. I am inspired to ride my bike so my legs look even better in these awesome, wonderful, glorious shoes.


I also bought these shoes, which are very nice, but next to the ones above, are just okay. The blue shoes are like Beyonce's younger sister, who very well is cool in her own right, but damn has to be compared to Queen Bey.



I am not the only one shopping during COVID, it appears. One of my friends said she could have bought a trip to Norway for all of the extra money she has spent since March. The New York Times had this article a few weeks ago: Meanwhile, Some People are Stress-Shopping Diamond Bracelets. This makes my shoe purchase seem like nothing. Actually, my shopping is way down from what it normally is because stores and restaurants are closed. Even if I wanted to shop, there are few places to go.


So versatile -- this would good with a LBD or jeans and white t-shirt.
This is so versatile--it would look good with a LBD or jeans and a nice white t-shirt. 
If I owned this, I would wear it every day.


Why are we shopping now? Someone said we should all pull together to conquer COVID like this is a war. Sure, I'll wear a mask and wash my hands like a raccoon with OCD, but this is not a war. Do you know anyone who remembers the 1918 Flu? Sure, they are all dead but that isn't the point. War is way worse. Think the Civil War (which we are still fighting in Seattle and Portland), World War I, World War II -- all of them are worse than coronavirus. How do I know? If I had to pick between living in 1843, 1916, 1942 or 2020, I'd pick 2020 no contest. I am not saying COVID-19 is fun. I'd much rather me and everyone else have their normal lives back, especially those who died, became ill, or lost their jobs.

For the rest of staying home, wearing masks and trying to keep the rest of the world healthy, we need a little recreation, and what is better than a wee bit of online shopping? Something bright and beautiful to lift our spirits?

Besides, what happened after the 1918 Flu and the end of World War I? 

The Roaring Twenties. 

Flappers. 

Jazz. 

Gin.

I am getting a head start on my future party attire. It sounds like I am not the only one, either. I might not have diamonds, but I'll have shoes.

No comments: