Saturday, February 13, 2021

The Snowy Day

It snowed in Seattle, which meant the town would have shut down if it wasn't already shut down from the covid quarantine. A non-pandemic snow day is a time to pause and reflect. Given that everyone is staying at home anyway, we already are overdosed on pausing and reflecting as we are stuck inside with puzzles and making soups and bread.

Why is today special then? Because the snow is something novel to cheer us up during the doldrums of winter.


This is way more snow than we usually get, but how much snow we have been getting seems to be more and more each year.


Fox did not loving his first bounce in the snow today. He hid went I tried to take him for a walk this morning. By this afternoon, he figured out that the sidewalks would be shoveled and he was eager to get outside. Thought bubble: "My god lady why do you need to take my picture?" You'd think he was one of my kids when I they were twelve and hated getting their pictures taken.


Fox out for his afternoon walk. The snow is almost as tall as he is.


Kids were sledding on this street today. They probably could ski on it, but this crud needs to be groomed.



Pandemic be damned. People were out and about today. Le Panier was open and the smell of croissants were everywhere. I would have gotten one but the line was out the door.


Several people tried to drive up this big hill today. Most failed.



My produce guy Jae was open today. Most other shops were closed. Jae said he was the only one on the highway coming in this morning, so when he zigzagged across the highway, no one else was there for him to hit. He risked his life so I could have spinach and mushrooms with my steak for dinner tonight. What a sweetie! It was hilarious when I crow landed on the blueberries. For the birds, an open air fruit and vegetable stand was the bomb.


I brought all of my geraniums in so they wouldn't freeze. I also brought some bugs in. One fly tried to get out and I let him be free. He probably would have been better off inside, but hey -- it was his choice.


This morning, Tom Douglas was out shoveling the sidewalk in front of his restaurants Seatown and Etta's. For lunch, they were giving away free mochi donuts with the purchase of clam chowder. The flecks are gold. 

Last but not least, here are pictures of my snow covered skylights. I love the patterns..





No comments: