Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Chamber of Commerce Day & Pier 62

This morning, I went for a walk before work. It was a beautiful and quiet morning. After my trip to Montana this weekend, I realized I need more exercise in my day. This trip was the first time I've been on an airplane in almost a year, and the first time I've spent a lot of time in public in ages. I feel like I've turned into a naked mole rat, living in my hidey-hole, which is not a good thing.

I didn't realize how much weight I've gained until I was out and about. The magic mirror in my closest tells me I am the fairest of them all, that the extra pounds just add to my curves. The mirrors in Montana were much more blunt: "Those curves are really pudge, honey."

So this morning I went for a long walk. I was gone for an hour and now I am fit to be the President of Seattle Chamber of Commerce, telling everyone how beautiful and wonderful Seattle is. The city is re-doing the Waterfront along Elliott Bay. It looks like they finished the re-do of Pier 62 recently. If it weren't for Covid, there might have been a big opening celebration. But no. Instead of a party where you might catch a highly contagious virus, you get photos on my blog.







The new Pier 62


The floating dock -- above and below.












View from the Old Stove Brewery



No comments: