Thursday, December 5, 2013

Fox and Cliches I Have Seen

"Barking up the wrong tree."  I've heard the expression for years, but now I have seen it.  The squirrel went up the other tree, dear Fox.

"Running away with your tail between your legs."  This morning, Fox and I were walking when he heard a ruckus that caused all of his little alarm bells to start ringing.  I think maybe a dog barked and a cat squealed at the same time, which in dog language means the apocalypse is coming.  He ran so fast the leash pulled his little eight pound body flying into the air.  Then he started sprinting with his front and back legs synchronized, which is as fast as he can run.  His tail was almost dragging on the ground, poor thing.  He was as scared as I have ever seen him.

These are not cliches, but things I have seen:  Downward Dog and Up Dog, the yoga poses.

 ~~~~~~

I am writing about my dog because my kids would be furious if I were writing about them.  My daughter called me a cyber-bully because I once quoted her on Facebook.  (And here I am quoting her again in the cyber world.)  Does the kid have a point?  Eh.  I wasn't being mean or calling her names, just using her words and likeness without her permission.  She is not a politician whose chose to live her life in the public eye who knows their actions are being watched by others.

Thankfully, my dog can't talk or read, so I think I am good here.

No comments: