Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Memorable Quotes

The other day Jack asked me what I wanted.  I replied to love and be loved in return.

"If you want a friend pal, buy a dog."  -- Gordon Gekko.

While I am lucky to have a great dog, I am lucky to have wise, insightful and caring friends.  They understand that life and marriage are hard, and are not calling Jack rude names.  (I get the prize for that.)

"The only thing worse than dogs are dog owners."  Jack's dad

"Death by a thousand cuts will sabotage your recovery."  -- Susan

"You can't lose what you never held in the first place."  -- Michelle

"You can't undo the past, but you can avoiding fucking up the present."  -- Susan

"Go at it with grace."  -- Michelle

Quotes from a website my dad found on the meaning of "I Love You" by Dave Willis


1.  I am committed to you.
2.  I will protect you.
3.  I will believe in you even when you struggle to believe in yourself
4.  I will prove my love by actions.

Dave Willis is a Christian blogger, which is fine.  Here is the final quote from my friend Susan:

"Come to Jesus or go to hell."

My writing teacher said I should try to post a picture with each blog post.  She is right, but I couldn't find anything for the most recent posts.  Anyway, here are some pictures.

A piece from the Berlin Wall on exhibit at the Pacific Science Center.  Hey, if East and West Germany could reunite, is there hope for Jack and I?


A tree in my neighborhood.

Something The Boy made out of random Legos at BrickCon last October.

A blurry picture of Fox.

A view of a pineapple island in Vancouver, B.C. Picture taken on the bike path in Stanley Park last summer.

No comments: