Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dogs & Honesty

Note: This is a post written on April 23, 2014 which I never got around to posting.  At the time, I didn't know my husband was keeping secrets from me.  My brain didn't know, but my heart did.  I thought I'd post this as is, in its incomplete state.  Even though this is about a job I didn't get, honesty (or lack thereof) was a theme in my life at the time.  Interestingly, I never considered honesty an issue to ponder before now.  For my first 45 years, most of my life was face value.  Since then, it has become increasingly more complicated.  


+ + + + +

Dogs are honest.

When Fox is content, he wags his tail.  When he is scared, he barks or hides.  When he is hungry, he does the hungry dance.  When he is tired, he sleeps.

People are so much more complex.  Oy.  People have to act happy when they aren't.  They drink coffee to stay awake when they are tired instead of taking a nap.  I am not saying I want to be dog, but life would be simpler.

I applied for a job that I didn't get.  I know the hiring manager, and friends say I should call her and ask why I didn't get the job.  I trust the woman, but I am not sure I'll get an honest answer.  I don't think she would lie to me, but I am guessing she might try to spare my feelings.  I don't think she'd say:

"You are overqualified!"
"You haven't worked in 14 years!"
"Some people in the organization think you are a pest!"



No comments: