Friday, January 16, 2015

Ferns and Flora

My friend Diane is a big fan of ferns.  I thought of her in New Zealand as ferns are everywhere.  My mom used to have ferns in the house when I was little.  She said ferns were supposed to clean the air in the house.

Here is the silver fern (I think), which is the national fern of New Zealand.  The place actually has a national fern.  They are hard to find because the underside is silver.  Unless you go around peaking underneath the ferns, you can't find them.  We happened to find one that had been flipped over.


Tree ferns

These ferns grow tall like trees.



A tree that looks like a person holding their arms up.
I like this tree trunk. 

Look at that massive plant near the bridge.  Cool, eh?
Are these a type of fern?  They have spores on the underside of their leaves.

No comments: