Saturday, March 26, 2016

Dreams

In physical therapy, my goals are to return my extension (straightening of the leg) and flexion (bending of the leg) close to my healthy leg. I went into PT Friday morning. I initially had figured that morning appointments might be better since my leg would be theoretically fresh. In the afternoon, my leg is tired from being up and about. I was wrong. I woke up and I was stiff. When I sleep, my leg bends. When I went in PT, my extension was horrid. I told Evan about bending my leg while I sleep, and he said to keep it straight when I sleep.

"How can I do that?" I asked.  "I am asleep and I don't know I am bending it."

"It is really hard for people to change the position of how they sleep," he said. "When you wake up in the middle of the night, make sure it is straight."

Last night, I was thinking about keeping my leg straight. Every time I woke up, I adjusted the position of my leg. Keeping my leg straight became part of my dreams. I dreamt I was visiting a distant corner of the earth, and we had to fly to get from one place to another. Instead of being a usual airline where you have to get folded up like an accordion to fit into the seats, this airline required me to keep my leg straight. Egads.

No comments: