Saturday, February 29, 2020

Alexis Rose

I am a super fan of the Canadian tv show, Schitt's Creek. I'm watching it on Netflix. My favorite character is the sunny Alexis Rose. She is one of my top favorite television characters second to Laura Holt of Remington Steele. I didn't realize Alexis was my favorite character until just a week or two ago.

Why? She and I have nothing in common.

Laura Holt was a strong, smart, uber-feminist, the owner of the Remington Steele detective agency that was fronted by Pierce Brosnan, the future James Bond. Alexis is a recovering socialite who is living in a small town and whose globe-trotting life was cut short when her family lost its fortune.

I like Alexis because she is so fucking happy all of the time. She has zero self-pity and when she feels sorry for herself, it lasts five minutes. She is so cheerful and chipper. I know she is a fictional creation, but it is so nice to see someone in a constant good mood no matter what rain falls into her life. She's not stupid, instead she rolls with the punches, as my dad likes to say. Alexis is truly carefree.

And she has amazing clothes.

I digress.

For the first half of my life, I was trying to channel my inner-Laura Holt. I was serious and smart and hard-working, which isn't bad. Now I am going to spend more time trying to channel my inner-Alexis.

No comments: