Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Lost in the Seasons

Now that both the Boy and Claire-Adele are gone, I've lost my time keepers. I was running errands and as I was driving I saw the sliver of the moon hanging low in the western sky and then I thought, what season is this?

When the kids were around, their calendars kept me anchored. I knew what time of year it was, the season, based on what they were doing.
  • The year really starts in September with school, which is also the beginning of cross-country and club soccer. 
  • Halloween is a holiday, with parties and a band concert.
  • The kids are off school and at home for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • December through March is ski season.
  • February was plan and pay for summer camps.
  • Once the snow melted, the Boy would start mountain biking and track season started for Claire-Adele, along with heavy school work. 
  • The Boy had soccer tryouts in the late spring.
  • Summer is summer. 
Now without the Boy around, I don't know where I am in the year.



No comments: