Monday, March 3, 2014

Bad Pictures of My Dog

Like any proud parent, I like to take pictures of my new baby.  While we have had Fox for a few months now, he still feels new.  The honeymoon isn't over.  Actually, the honeymoon analogy doesn't apply to dogs.  The first few weeks we had him were hard.  Definitely not honeymoon-ish.

Some of the pictures I took of him were bad, yet I can't seem to delete them from my phone.  I need to clear stuff off my phone as I am running out of storage space.  And yet, these goofy ones stay.  What is it about a bad picture that makes me want to keep it?

There is something about a goofy picture that makes him seem more adorable.  Is it because it shows our imperfections?  That he is lovable anyway?

Did I ever tell you about the dog Asher I wanted to adopt?  He was a border collie and a wired haired pointer mix.  He was ugly.  Hideous.  He had white bristly fur, blue lopsided eyes and his nose was too big.  He nuzzled his head against my leg and I fell in love.  It was not to be, and that probably was a good thing.  My hairdresser has a similar breed.

"You know, those dogs never get tired.  Ever.  They were bred to keep up with horses.  Do you have a horse?"

No.

I guess I dodged a bullet and ended up with a lap dog.  Here are more bad pictures of Fox.

This is a blurry picture of Fox's eyes.  I must have dropped the phone in the middle of shooting this one.  He looks like an evil alien, and yet it stays on my phone.



This one was taken at Magnuson Park on the shore of Lake Washington.  He kept looking out at the water and not at the camera.

This is Fox's car seat.  The Boy took this one.  This is just a regular bad picture-- blurry with eyes closed.  A normal person would have deleted it immediately.  I keep this memory of the Boy trying to photograph the dog.  The Boy also took some good pictures of Fox, but the bad one stays with the rest of them. 

No comments: