Friday, July 11, 2014

Delayed Embarrassment

Note: This post has nothing to do with the current state of my marriage.  Hooray!

Today I was driving the Boy to his last day of Band Camp.  (Last night, he has his first jazz solo at the summer band concert.  Yay!  Very cool.)  We were listening to the radio when the song "The Impression that I Get" by The Mighty, Mighty Bosstones came on.  This song became my madeleine and slipped me back to when I was a freshman in college.  I was at a fraternity party with music blasting when this super cute boy asked if I liked the English Beat. 

"I like anything with a beat," was my response.  He looked at me, puzzled.  

Fast forward to winter break, 1987.  I am riding with a high school friend and see a cassette in his car by the band The English Beat.  Three months later, I was embarrassed.

I hate it when that happens.

No comments: