Wednesday, July 9, 2014

15 Minutes

"Fifteen minutes could save you money on car insurance," goes the ad for either Geico or Progressive.  (I am feeling too lazy to Google it.)

Aside from looking for car insurance, what can be done in fifteen minutes? Yesterday, I had a small pocket of time between running errands, walking the dog, and picking up the Boy from camp.  Instead of looking up the latest on Facebook or Instagram, I took the time to work on painting the upstairs bathroom.   I had started Monday, and yesterday was the day for a second coat.  Yes, this blog post is as exciting as watching paint dry, but aren't there times we miss out when we have just a few minutes and decide to do nothing or zone out?  I am all in favor of the mental break, but I was surprised at what I was able to accomplish in such a tiny window.  And the work wasn't onerous.  While it is helpful to have an afternoon to paint, it was equally helpful to get started between my carpool rounds.

And the other good news is that I am painting and fixing up the house in small bits and pieces.  Feathering my nest, focusing on home.

No comments: