Tuesday, December 13, 2016

89.81%, or the End is Near!

Today, I practiced my one legged triple jumps. Before I can return to sports, my left leg (the injured and repaired one) has to be at 90% of my right leg (the uninjured one.)

Before I practiced my triple jumps, I warmed up with my agility exercises. I was super sweaty and my legs were hot. In physical therapy, Jason has me jump with my right leg first, then my left. I did the same today.

Sorry about my terrible linoleum. It needs to be replaced.

I jumped 108 inches with my right leg and 97 with my right. If my math is correct,

97 / 108 = 89.81%

Boo-yah! I am hoping I can round up and call that 90%. I know I'll have to repeat that in physical therapy under proper supervision, but yay! I am close!

Last time I was in physical therapy, I jumped 115 with my right leg and 84.5 with my left. If I compare my best jumps of both days, I am at 84%, which is still pretty good. Evan said super-star athletes might have 90% recovery by nine months out, and I am sure they have repeatable performances, not just jumping one morning in the kitchen. Super athletes probably have stronger uninjured legs to start with. My left leg has a low bar for comparison.

I also need to practice my single jumps, too, which are worse than my triple jumps for some reason. I think I am getting momentum on my triple jumps, which is boosting me along.

I also had to practice "sticking" my landing so I wouldn't wobble, double-step, or drop my other leg when I landed. Better technique here helped my performance.

I am excited! The end of my recovery is near!

No comments: