Tuesday, March 21, 2023

New-To-Me Coffeeshops and My New Imaginary Boyfriend

I haven't been getting out much. This recovery from my surgery reminds me a lot of the early days of the pandemic where I am sitting at home waiting for time to pass, and it is kind of freaky. I am not in any pain or discomfort, but boy am I tired. I am not fully housebound, but I don't have a ton of energy. I mostly walk around my neighborhood, which is nice because I live near Pike Place Market. In the past two weeks, I've been to three new-to-me coffeeshops that are within a few blocks of my condo. As a friend said, I am lucky to live near such abundance.

Here are the three new-to-me places:

The Moore Coffee Shop on Second Ave -- Think pink. The place is painted pink and gold. There are even two Moore coffee shops--the main one and spin off. The main one is cute and cozy.

Freya on Western -- This Scandinavian place is next to my craft store, Ugly Baby. When the sales clerk was out, my friend and I stopped by Freya for coffee. Wow. The pastries here are to die for. My friend and I shared a churro cruffin which doesn't sound Scandinavian at all but is omg so delicious. Think a croissant muffin with a creamy center and covered in cinnamon. Freya is a sister to Haden Coffee. Pike Place Market doesn't allow chains--which is a good call--so stores that want to have more than one location give their shop in the market a different name. Ta da! Everyone is happy. There is one major exception: The original Starbucks is in the Market and they didn't need to change their name.

Last but not least is Armistice on First, the place where Tech Bros go to hit on the barista. Actually, it is a nice place, very clean. The barista is nice to everyone, not just the Tech Bros. The Tech Bro that was hitting on the barista was annoyed that the barista and I got wrapped up in a conversation about the Spotify playlist she was listening to and the streaming series Bridgerton. What are you going to do?

In addition to exploring my neighborhood, I have a new imaginary boyfriend -- Brett Goldstein who plays Roy Kent on Ted Lasso. I have tickets to see his stand-up comedy in a few weeks at the Moore Theatre, not to be confused with the Moore Coffee Shop, which is adjacent. Brett also writes for Shrinking, a new show on Apple tv with Jason Segal and Harrison Ford. I just watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall starring Jason Segal and Kristen Bell, which is actually entertaining. I think it is from 2007, the era when I had two small kids and rarely got out. I don't know -- maybe I should dump Brett for Jason? Hmmm. I'll need to think on that. Brett swears more than I do, which is an impressive feat. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to rejoining humanity one of these days.

No comments: