Saturday, March 28, 2020

Quarantine: Day ??? & Essential

Yesterday at work, we were supposed to have a virtual Happy Hour, but it ended up being mostly a virtual Budget Planning Session for FY2021. Nevertheless, we all got our glass of wine, beer or whiskey. When we had a break in the discussion, my manager asked me first to talk about some outside story of my life.

"I got nothing," I said. "Seriously."

"Really?" he said.

"Okay. There was a tennis ball stuck in the ledge of one of my skylights. I got a ladder and a broom and I got it down."

Here is a picture of the rescued tennis ball. It does not bounce. I tried.





You can see how the sun bleached it in some spots and not others.



This is a picture from the top of the skylight from whence the tennis ball was rescued.


In other fun news, my health app on my phone confirmed what I already knew: I am a slug.


No shit, Sherlock. I am socially distancing. And I might also lose my hearing because I am jacking up the volume on my headphones.

I did go for another walk the other day. The weather is cold and crappy, so it was only me, dog walkers and a cyclist. I walked near the Sculpture Gardens near Broad Street. This is Belltown at 6:00 p.m. during the week.



What else? Oh yeah. I realized I needed to clean the filter on my vacuum cleaner. It was spitting our dust and I was like why? and then I saw it had a filter that needed to be cleaned. I didn't even know it had a filter that needed to be cleaned. There was a giant layer of dust like a millimeter thick (which is a lot for dust) that it probably blocked the airflow and could have broken the machine. When I pulled the sponge out, it was black. Then I washed it and it turns out the sponge was really yellow. It was really gross, but you know how some really gross chores can be so satisfying because you just made something really icky much less so? It was like that.

(No before or after pictures of vacuum filter. Sorry.)

I am looking forward to vacuuming again soon. I hope it cleans better now, not that it was bad before, but you know, increased performance.

I am saving the best for last! I am essential! Jack sent me a link to the state's website letting me know I am essential.




In case you can't find me, I'm on page 10. I also got a letter from the President of my company letting officials know I can go to work in case Marshall Law goes into effect. I won't post a picture of the letter because then people could pretend they were me and go to my job and do my work.

Jack is on page one, second to people who test for the Corona virus and are conducting Corona research.

No comments: