Monday, April 4, 2016

Clothes, Cleaning and the Bike

Bike Time: 20 minutes    x 2
Distance: more than 6 miles* total

Clothes
Now that I am out of the brace, I can go back to normal clothes. Hurray?

I am still wearing my old yoga pants that I can pull up over my knee. I need to wear baggy pants to so I can fit the cryo-cuff ice pack on my knee under my pants. I exercise four times a day, and twice a week I got to physical therapy, so it is easier just to wear my old yoga pants all of the time. I usually squeeze a trip to the gym around running errands so I have one less trip up and down my stairs.

Spring is here in the Pacific Northwest and we had a warm weekend. In the spring and summer, I love to wear skirts. I haven't returned to my usual state of personal hygiene and waxing my legs. In addition to hairy legs (which I could fix), I have the scars and swelling of my Frankenleg (which I cannot fix.) This weekend, we took the kids out to dinner and I wore a skirt anyway.

Cleaning
I haven't done much cleaning beyond the absolute necessary--like dishes and laundry--since the accident. The cooktop is gross, the cabinets are covered with fingerprints, and I found this the back of the bottom shelf of my pantry. I saw one of the roots and thought What is this? and then I pulled it out.

Fingerling potatoes, past date. They kind of look like a bouquet of something with the purple bag.


Bike
I am supposed to ride the stationary bike three times a day. It is somewhat easy to get out of the house twice, but the third time is a challenge. Jack put my road bike on a stand in the dining room. The Boy seems to like riding the bike in the dining room. Yesterday, he sat on it while he ate.

The boy refused to let me post a picture of him riding this. I wanted my dog Fox in the picture, but he is rightfully afraid of the bike, especially when someone is riding it. Now that I think about it, I am glad he is afraid of the bike.

For the Boy, the bike in the house is novel. When I ride the bike in the house, time slows to a post-Einsteinian realm otherwise not known to man. Below is the view from the bike. It makes the view of the three beige houses across the street from the YMCA seem divine. I timed my ten minutes on my watch. It stopped when I had completed nine minutes. It wouldn't move forward to ten minutes, so I had to ride the bike for what seemed like infinity. Time moved slower than Christmas Eve for a five year old. I finally quit at nine minutes. I could have literally died of boredom.

I could put a picture on this wall, but still...
* Distance on a stationary bike doesn't mean much.

No comments: